Thursday, May 3, 2007

Our System is Installed

Our system has just been installed. The work took place over parts of 3 days. The panels face the street in a tidy 6x2 array. During the day two people stopped by to watch and ask for business cards from the SolarCity crew -- a Sears delivery truck driver and a guy on a bike.

The installation crew demonstrated that the system was working, and I got to watch my meter spin backwards for a few minutes. But, alas, they then shut off the system as they have to do until it is inspected, first by the City and then by PG&E.

Later in the afternoon two neighbors came over for a tour. One of them told me that he had started a solar company in the 1980s, which was a complete surprise to me.

Elapsed time since I first heard about Portola Valley's group purchase program: 111 days.

1 comment:

slacy said...

Congrats! It won't be long until you're online fulltime -- both the inspections took me less than 2 weeks, and I think others have said the same.