Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My New Job at SolarCity

The post below is something I have sent to everyone on the MVSolar Yahoo!Group:

Organizing the MV Solar Buyers Group was one of the most fulfilling things I've ever done. Once the sign-up period ended on April 30, I just didn't want to stop.

So, in mid-May I approached SolarCity about joining them as a Marketing Manager for their community programs. My goal is to take what I had learned in Mountain View and share it with Solar Champions in other cities and neighborhoods. It seemed to me that this would combine my passion for community work and the environment with my professional background in marketing and knowledge management.

I'm pleased to let you all know that SolarCity liked the idea and I have joined them as an employee. Today was my first day.

I want to continue to channel your feedback to SolarCity as I have been doing for the past four months. As an employee, I hope I will be even more effective in that role.

Sometime soon I will also be asking for your help in spreading the word about Community Purchase Programs to your friends in other communities where we have or soon will start programs. These include: Berkeley, Rockridge, Castro Valley, Stanford, Menlo Park, Atherton, San Carlos, Santa Monica and the Rose Garden, Cambrian Park and Willow Glen neighborhoods of San Jose.

1 comment:

slacy said...

Congrats! I think you'll have a fantastic time there -- I've been amazed at every interaction that I've had with SolarCity! They're all so friendly, personable, intelligent, and just plain nice people, and now you're one of them!